If you are receiving health insurance via the Affordable Care Act (also known as ACA or Obamacare) you are probably concerned about what will happen if Congress repeals the act – as they seem likely to do. The possible scenarios are concerning. Though President Trump has stated that there will be an improved program to take its place, there are many open questions.
At a recent town hall segment on CNN, House Speaker Paul Ryan said that approximately 8% of Americans under 65 have pre-existing conditions. The quote was "8% of all the people under 65 have that kind of preexisting condition,” sequestering them would “dramatically lower the price for the other 92%".